Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Afternoon Update (6-23)

We are just doing quick monitors of Karsie and testing Michelle's blood sugar.  So far Karsie has been fine.  We are just about to do a contractions test, so fingers crossed.  

Michelle's blood sugar has been quite high lately - every test today has been over the recommended range including one over 200.  That is all the medicine and steroids pumped into her.  It stinks that it is so high, but she's being monitored and balanced with insulin.  

Time to see if she chickens out on sticking herself with a needle....

We have had a bit of a frustrating morning.  We need to see our surgeon, but when we called their office (as they were supposed to call us) they told us they had not received the fax from our perinatologist's office giving them our charts and they were supposed to fax it over 2 weeks ago!!  This means the earliest appointment we were able to get was July 28th.  Hopefully we make it until then.  We have some calls that are supposed to be returned today to see if we can speed this process up, but needless to say we are a bit frustrated as we don't want just some on-call surgeon fixing Karsie.  We moved down for the best ones.  So far we have seen no doctors today, but most of them make their rounds in the afternoon.  Let's hope that we see some soon as we are a bit antsy.  

FYI - she chickened out on the shot...maybe next time...
 

4 comments:

  1. Totally understandable about not giving yourself the shot... that doesn't sound fun!

    Sorry you haven't seen the docs yet... hopefully soon! And then you should try to get some naps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not blame you at all for not giving your self the shot! When Troy had to give me butt shots during infertility, I completely freaked out! And that was nothing compared to doing it yourself. If you actually manage to stick yourself, I will give you MAJOR kudos. Although, kudos for what you're going through in the first place. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!! The first shot is the hardest after that it gets easier each time.
    I am thinking of you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I am getting really good at pricking my fingers... but I fear that I won't give myself the shot fast enough! I am going to try to find some kind of orange or fruit to practice on. If I go too slow, I chicken out. I have chickened out twice now (and the second time I actually poked a tiny little hole but then backed away at the last minute)! I will get it one of these times!

    ReplyDelete