Sunday, October 25, 2009


Luckily we didn't have to wait in the waiting room with all the sick, flu-infested kids. They all seem to be interested in keeping Karsie away from possible germs. That being said we are still waiting.

We were called in to triage and then let back out. We then were called back and given an observation room (temporary room) and they ordered an x-ray. The first order of business is to rule out a bowel obstruction. Other than the throwing up there have been no signs of this, but nevertheless we are worried about that. That was the reason we went in today and didn't wait until tomorrow.

We're not sure what the next step is, but we figure there will be blood work involved (assuming there is no obstruction).


  1. I am so sorry there is any cause for concern at all.....
    I pray she will be fine and it is not a bowel obstruction.
    God bless you all...I hope this anxiety is over very soon.
    But you are right to seek attention when are doing everything right.
    If help is needed, help is there for you.
    Help is there, and prayers are there.
    Love surrounds you.

  2. I agree that you were definitely right to take her in! You have such good parental instincts... and you know when something is "off" with your girl! Sorry you're waiting and waiting... we're mentally/emotionally waiting with you... sitting restlessly around the house hoping and praying for good news!

    Give Karsie a kiss on the head for us and tell her we love her!