Thursday, April 8, 2010

Update (4-8)

Karsie has been feeling much better lately. They have her on pain medication, which has helped tremendously, and she seems to be fighting off the bug as her gut is less swollen and is actually really soft. Right now they have her on 10 mL of pedialyte per hour and they will increase her 5 mL every other hour until she reaches 26 or so. They they will start to introduce her formula back into her feeding. If our math is right that should put us into early tomorrow morning assuming she handles all of it. Also, there is talk of changing her formula a bit. That probably won't do much to Karsie, but our insurance provider will be much happier.

We did have to cancel all of Karsie's appointments today, but there is hope still. When we called to get a hold of the plastic surgeon, it sounded like it was possible she might stop by at some point today if she has time. Who knows if that's going to happen, but her secretary seemed to think it was a better than average chance. If she can't we'll just have to reschedule, which would be a bummer since we're ready to get this show on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment